Gmail filters are a great tool to keep an order in our inbox. If we have too many mails we can spend hours looking for a specific one. So if this is a problem you have you might need to create a filter in Gmail. This way you can classify our mails by labels like work, personal, college, and so on.
On this article we will teach you how to create a filter in Gmail step by step. It is really simple process:
Step by step to create a filter in Gmail
- Step 1: on the main page or inbox look for the adjust icon that is located on the upper right corner of the screen. It will show you some options and you have to click on the “settings” one.
- Step 2: click on the “filters and blocked addresses” option. It is located on the upper bar on blue letters.
- Step 3: look for the “create filter” option and click on it.
- Step 4: it will open a new window were you need to fill the boxes with some information to create a criteria. You can create a filter in Gmail by the address, subject, files, content or size.
- Step 5: once you are done, click on the “create filter with this search” option. Automatically Gmail will filter by your critearia.
- Step 6: now you can choose what is going to happen to those mails. You can delete them, mark as read, apply a label, mark as important, never going to the spam folder, and so on.
- Step 7: finally, you can click on the “create filter” option and all your mails will be together. Also, you can give them a label so you will find them easily next time.