Sometimes we have too many mails in our inbox so we need to delete a few ones. But what happens if we delete an important mail without realizing it? is there a way to recover it? Fortunately, there is! Every email service has a folder or option to recover deleted mails. Gmail is not an exception for this rule, so on this article we will teach you how to recover a deleted mail in Gmail.
Step by step to recover a deleted mail in Gmail
- Step 1: the first thing you must do to recover a deleted mail in Gmail is to sign in your account. Type your email address and your password and then click on the sign in button.
- Step 2: once you are on the main page or the inbox you will see a side bar on the left side of the screen.
- Step 3: on this bar are a few visible options like “inbox”, “starred”, “drafts”, and “sent mail”. It is possible that you can’t see the trash option. To find it you need to place the pointer at the end of the list and it will show you the “more” option. Click there.
- Step 4: now the “trash” button is visible. Click there.
- Step 5: you will see every deleted mail on the screen. If you recently deleted you will find them at the top. But if is an old mail you can use the search bar of Gmail and type the subject, date or address you’re looking for.
- Step 6: you can leave the mail there, but if you want you can move your mail to the inbox again. You just need to click the box that appears on the left side of the subject and then click on the folder icon. Look for the “inbox” option and click there. You officially recover a deleted mail in Gmail!
How to recover a deleted mail in Gmail